Technical Product Information
Metalub MP GL-5 GearOils are heavy-duty EP (extreme pressure) gear lubricants formulated for use in automobiles, trucks and heavy equipment calling for API Service GL-5 gear oils. They provide excellent wear resistance, load carrying capability, and oxidation stability, while protecting against rust, corrosion and foaming.
Metalub MP GL-5 GearOils are recommended for use in:
- Automotive, on- and off-highway truck and heavy equipment, industrial and agricultural applications
- Conventional and high performance differentials
- Hypoid gear sets
- Transportation gear boxes subject to heavy loads and shock loading
- Gear sets with spur, bevel, spur bevel, spiral bevel, herringbone
- Manual transmissions and gear reducers calling for GL-5 Gear Oil
Meets requirements of API GL-5 and
MT-1 MIL PRF 2105E, SAE J2360
Mack GO-J, GO-H, GO-G
ArvinMeritor 0-76-A (SAE 85W-140), 0-76-D (SAE 80W-90)
International Truck (Navistar) CEMS B-22
- ArvinMeritor 0-76-A (SAE 85W140)
- Camiones International Navistar CEMS B-22
Special handling, notices or warnings
Use the same care and handling that you would use with any motor oil.
Provide adequate ventilation as products have a distinctive sulfur-phosphorous odor.
Overexposure to product may cause eye, skin or respiratory irritation. Continuous contact with used oil has caused skin cancer in laboratory tests. Avoid ongoing contact. Wash skin with soap and water. Launder or discard soiled clothes. Empty containers contain vapors and residue. Do not re-use. KEEP AWAY FROM CHILDREN.